Saturday 28 May 2011

A hair-editing spree!

I have recently gotten into the world of hair editing - yes indeedy. They're not great, but they'll do. The Sim used is the latest Simmeh for Rexy's Shop Me Stunning competition. I didn't want to go ingame because it takes ages to load up. I didn't enter them in the comp because I can't change the background...sadface. Anyway, this was my first one:

I was pretty pleased with it seeing as it was my first edit and all. I posted it on the 'Shop me Stunning thread and Rexy said this:

It has a nice shape! watch the shine though, it's a bit too much. And I know it's tedious, but it could use some more strands, and they should come all the way out to the ends rather than stopping a little short. I would also try to add some strands around the edges so it's not quite so smooth! Hair isn't one big object, it's a bunch of tiny strands. Otherwise, I think you did great for your first time! 
So I was pretty pleased with that, and I realised that there was, in fact, too much shine and not enough strands. Therefore, last night I did this:

 Which, personally, I think is a lot better. The shine's so much more...shiny, and the strands are pretty good, even if I do say so myself. Notice the shading underneath her chin on the left side? Yup. I shaded.

However, this is the most realistically drawn hair I've ever done. I was trying out some brushes for GIMP I downloaded and decided I'd test out one for drawing hair. I think it looks great, but the shine isn't quite shiny enough. I love those pixies and clouds, and the sparklies on her dress. I do think I could've done more with that shine, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment